I am such a fan of chocolate chip cookies. And so are my girls! But I am so lazy when it comes to baking. For some reason, I am not a kitchen person and have no patience for long recipes! So while fasting (Tisha Ba’av), I decided to bake to make the time move a bit. But I wanted to make something that my hubby could ‘potentially’ eat while on his diet, so I decided to make chocolate chip cookies, but with Almond flour!
So I couldn’t taste the dough due to the fast and couldn’t taste the end product, but my girls were happy to test them out. BOTH loved them! They said that it had a bit of a nutty flavor, but nothing drastic (almonds LOL). And they came back for more! My brother had popped by and also took a taste. And he is the last person to try anything different and is so picky with food and even he said they were good!
These cookies have cooled and are so soft and have a bit of a crunch on top, but not much. They even look picture perfect! I am going to share the recipe I used below and show off some photos of them (and my girls of course :P). Hope you decide to make them and love them! And don’t forget to let me know what you think!!
- 1/2 cup butter, softened (I used earth balance)
- 1/4 cup oil of your choice (I used olive oil as that is what I had on hand)
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda (I accidentally used baking power too realizing I used the wrong ingredient LOL but it worked)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups Almond flour
- 1 1/4 cups chocolate chips of your choice
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Line your baking pan/sheet with parchment paper (this I forgot to do first time around LOL)
- In a bow or stand-up mixer, mix together the oil, sugar,eggs and butter until you see it is all mixed evenly.
- Add in the salt and baking soda (and powder like me LOL).
- Add in the almond flour. You can add it in slowly so that it mixes more evenly. Mw with my lack of patience, I just dropped in all in!
- Add in your chocolate chips and mix again!
- Form the dough created into 1 tablespoon size rounds and place them on the baking sheet,about 2-3″ apart from each other.
- Bake for 11-13 minutes or until the edges are golden. I baked them for about 15 minutes more as they looked like they could use some more browning and they are still soft!
- Let me cool off and enjoy!