This post is to share with you all my morning and night skin care routine – which by the way, is basically the same. While you will see what I use and how much, you may be thinking “OMG, she uses tons on her skin!”, but to me, I find that this is what works and has been working for me.
My skin from my teenage years has had breakouts up until I was about 19. After that, I have been having the occasional breakout either due to hormones, or stress/anxiety. Unfortunately, we women will always have to deal with some type of breakouts during our life – and if you’re not one to have breakouts, I’M JEALOUS!
So lets be real here. I have never been on top of my skin. I slacked and procrastinated. And only this last year have I been serious about it. Only because I hit 30 (almost 31!) and my skin only ages and gets worse. So I decided after noticing fine lines and sun spots that I should take more care. And I so wish I did all these skincare regimens back from when I was younger. I could’ve probably prevented some of whats happening to my skin. My advice to you youngsters, START NOW if you haven’t already. Its for your own benefit!
Also, I feel my skin had worsened from my 2 past pregnancies. Because prior to pregnancies I did not really have scarring etc. And during pregnancies, I had such bad hormonal acne the entire way through, I literally looked like a newly teen girl who started her period LOL. No, but it was bad. And I did not do anything then because of doctors saying you cannot use anything – and now I see, that was not fully true… UGH!
Okay, so now lets discuss what I do daily both in the morning and night for my skincare routine. Its basically the same! *All products will be linked at the end.
- In the morning and night (after removing makeup) I was my face. Obviously. There are a few different face washes I use and I alternate according to me mood. In the morning, it’s normally the Tula Purifying Cleanser. At night, I either use the Trader Joes Tea Tree face wash or the Di’Myoor facial mousse.
- Right after washing my face, I always use a toner so that my skin doesn’t feel tight or dry. Lately, I have been using the Thayers Rose Petal Witch Hazel toner. I love this thanks to my cousin!
- I then apply under eye cream as I have dark circles and some fine lines (thanks genetics!) and to prevent it from worsening. The one I am currently using and love is the First Aid Beauty 5 in 1 eye cream.
- I then apply Rosehip Seed Oil all over from Trilogy. There are many brands for this, just make sure it is organic and cold pressed! I let it seep in and dry a little before continuing with my regimen. (Rosehip Seed Oil has SO MANY benefits – if you never heard of it – google 🙂 It does wonders.)
- I then use the L’Oreal 1.5% Hylaronic Acid Serum I recently received from them . This is good for firming and plumping the skin. So why not give it a try!
- Lastly, I use a moisturizer. I also alternate between a few different types – again, depending on my mood. I use either the Rose Gold moisturizer from Rodial (which I recently purchased) or a couple different ones from Volition Beauty which are the Neroli Cream and the Oceane Youth-Boost Gel.
Now, I do use Uncle Harry Hemp Blemish Salve on and off depending on my breakouts. This I will use say on cystic or annoying acne I want gone. And this salve helps minimize the acne quicker.
I am also thinking of purchasing the Glycolic Acid Toner from the Ordinary as well. If you have used it, would love to hear what you think about it!
Below, click the products to be directed to the site to purchase:
Tula Purifying Cleanser
Trader Joes Tea Tree Oil face wash **way cheaper in Trader Joes stores
Di’Myoor Facial Mousse
Thayers Rose Petal Witch Hazel Toner
First Aid Beauty 5 in 1 eye cream
Trilogy Rosehip Seed Oil
L’Oreal 1.5% Hyaluronic Acid serum
Rodial Rose Gold Moisturizer **note this is pricey, but I got mine in a smaller tub for $20 in a Soft Surroundings store.
Volition Beauty Moisturizers – Neroli Cream and Oceane Youth-Boost Gel
Uncle Harry Hemp Blemish Salve