Ever go to the makeup store and wonder which foundation to use? Or if it’s worth the splurge? Are there cheaper, but good alternatives? Then you’ve come to the right place! Because below, I am going to share with you reviews of foundations I have personally used and what I feel about them…and if you should buy them! Now, one of them is cheap. Others not really as they’re not drug store brands. But I’m hoping to create a post in the future with drug store brand dupes to higher end foundations.
Now, before I get into the good stuff, just keep in mind, I have oily and acne prone skin. But also combination so my skin does get dry sometimes. I also have some redness and aging spots/acne spots. So review is based on my skin type. I’m also going to share them in order from favorite to least favorite.
- IT Cosmetics CC+ – I absolutely LOVE this one! The consistency is just perfect. Not too thin, not too thick. And a little goes a seriously long way and it’s smooth and easy to apply. It also covers so amazing, you don’t really need any concealer. This foundation also lasts all day for me and doesn’t run down. Big plus, it’s not heavy or cakey, so you don’t feel like you’re a smothered in makeup. What I love though, is not only does it have SPF 50 in it, but it has anti-aging hydrating serum as well! I’ve recommended this foundation to many and they all bought it and only had positive reviews! Would I recommend it? YES
- Bare Minerals Bare Pro – This foundation has great coverage and a little goes a long way. Big plus, it has SPF 20 in it. I love how this foundation also looks on my skin and lasts all day. With this foundation, you also don’t need much concealer prior to using it which is great. I love the liquid way better then their powder foundations because the powders don’t cover well if you’re looking for coverage. Would I recommend it? YES
- The Ordinary (both coverage foundation and the serum foundation) – Depending on the coverage you’re going for, you can chose the coverage one for fuller coverage of the serum for more dewy coverage. Though I LOVE both. And also, the serum foundation one covers so amazing with just a little! The coverage foundation isn’t heavy at all. Still light. But both cover so so well and at only $7.50 each, it’s a no brainer! Also, the application is so quick and blends amazing with either a brush or beauty blender! Would I recommend it? YES
- Clinique Acne Solutions – I actually used this for a couple years when my skin was just broken out like crazy. I loved that it had acne ingredients in it so not only do you get to cover those pesky little bumps, but also treating it at the same time instead of irritating them while wearing makeup. The foundation is not thick at all but covers very well. I haven’t used it in years as I don’t need to, but it’s great if you are more prone to acne and want to be on the safe side with putting things on your face. Would I recommend it? YES
- Marc Jacobs Shameless – So I actually bought this foundation as it was one I was seeing being used by many all over social media. The price is high, but the coverage is great. It’s not heavy at all. More on the thinner side, yet covers flaws. I also love that it has SPF 25 in it as well. I don’t use this daily because the price I paid. But it’s definitely a favorite of mine in my foundation collection. Would I recommend it? YES
- Benefit Hello Happy – I bought this out of impulse when I went to Ulta. I told myself I wanted to try a new foundation, so I did and found this one. It’s a light to medium foundation, but on the lighter side. Yet it covers amazing. I was surprised because it’s thin formula. A plus is it has SPF 15. It’s also gives a dewy finish yet not oily, and lately I’ve been loving the dewy look. Would I recommend it? YES
- Fenty Beauty – Okay, I’ll admit it. I bought this because it’s Rihanna’s brand LOL. But I gotta tell you. This foundation is great. And her line isn’t so expensive, though it’s still not cheap. The coverage was great. It was light and not cakey at all. But yet, gave me that look I wanted to achieve when putting on foundation. Rihanna is doing good with her makeup line! Would I recommend it? YES
- Too Faced Peach Perfect – This is more on the thicker side, but not too thick. But definitely not thin like others mentioned above. It has good coverage and gives a nice end look – a matte finish. It is a bit pricey, and I honestly don’t use it daily. But it’s pretty decent for a foundation and lasted through the day. Would I recommend it? YES, but only if you wanna try it and love trying new things for reviews etc. I would get a sample first if possible to see if this is one you will like, especially since it’s a matte finish and on the thicker side.
- Laniege BB Cushion Pore Blur – This one I received for testing purposes. I was skeptical at first as it was like a cushion you pressed into this foam that let out some product. It’s very thin, like water thin when applying, but it does cover. And it actually blurred the look of my pores as it claims. I would definitely use a concealer with this as I didn’t feel it did a great job covering redness or sun/aging spots. It also faded a tad throughout the day. Would I recommend it? Honestly, it’s totally your call on this one LOL. There are other products out there I love better and pore blurring can be done with primers. But if you want a very light coverage and don’t need to cover flaws, just pores, definitely give this one a go!
- Becca Cosmetics Ultimate Coverage Foundation – Okay, so this one I also got for testing purposes. To me, I felt this was on the heavier side. Not too much, but heavier then I like. It did though cover very well and lasted throughout the day. I also got a shade too light so it was hard to work with it. But I did wear it a few times and basing my review on that. Would I recommend it? Not really sure. I wouldn’t buy this one myself. I would probably try a different one from this brand that’s lighter coverage as I liked how it lasted and looked against my skin.
- Urban Decay All Nighter Foundation – Y’all, this is basically as the name. All nighter = thick. Yes, it covered great, but it was thick for my liking and made me feel I had a face full of stage makeup. I wasn’t too crazy about this one. So it’s just sitting on my shelf. Luckily, I received it for testing purposes so I didn’t splurge on it. Thinking of it now, I would probably use it as a concealer for spots! Light bulb lol! Would I recommend it? Honestly, no. Unless you love thick and love their all nighter concealer. It’s about preference. Because coverage was great.
- Tarte Amazonian Clay Foundation – Okay, this is the last on my list. Should’ve listened to a follower who said she didn’t like it when I asked for thoughts on this foundation. It’s like it’s name states, clay. It’s really that thick, no joke. I tried to thin it out with primers and oils, but the end look just didn’t look so nice on my skin at all. I was really not happy with this one which is sad because Tarte has many other amazing products like their Amazonian clay blushes which I love! I just feel the thickness of this foundation was unnecessary. Thickest I’ve tried! Would I recommend it? No
So there you have it! My thoughts on different foundations I’ve used/am using and tested! Hope this helped for your future foundation shopping sprees! Are there any foundations you recommend or don’t recommend that are not on my list? If so, share in the comments!