Admit it. We all have our off days and they sure aren’t fun. It’s just a part of life. And sometimes how to self motivate can seem impossible.
Whether these off days are due to anxiety/depression, stress, lack of sleep, arguments with loved ones etc., we all have been there, done that.
On these ‘off days’, we tend to feel like the entire world is against us or that we just can’t do anything right.
But because of these hell of annoying days, I’ve compiled a list of things that helps me motivate myself on these days and I hope they will help you too!
How to Self Motivate on Off Days
- Set an alarm for the morning – Yes, and I know most of you already have this. But try to not let the off day make you hit the snooze button a million times causing you to rush out of bed last minute so that you can show up to work on time. I learned that I can snooze once, but then, I just push myself out of bed and go straight to washing my face which wakes me up. Getting up at a good time so that you have time to get ready in the morning helps you feel you are in control of the day. And because of the control, you can conquer the entire day ahead of you and make it how you want it!
- Get dressed nicely (no one said fancy, just what makes you feel good) and do your makeup! This is especially true for me. Because days I don’t get dressed where I feel confident or do my makeup, my day is plainly put, upside down. When I feel good about myself, I feel like all is great in the world. It’s a feeling of accomplishment. So be sure to keep this tip in mind, push yourself to do this. Because trust me, this is what will help you get through your day on the right foot.
- Set a goal or goals for the day. Especially so that you don’t procrastinate. Set goals whether it be for work, things at home or just personal goals you want to set for yourself. Also, goal setting helps you stay busy, and when you’re busy, less negativity can flood your head. It’s like with anxiety, they say to keep yourself busy. So for me, once I send the kids off to school, I love to just hit up my local Starbucks, get a coffee and sit and chill there for an hour working on my blog and social media, especially because it’s what I enjoy doing!
- Make To-Do lists. When these lists are compiled, it helps you feel in control. And you know what needs to be done for that day. Plus, every time you tick off an item on the list, it makes you feel great about yourself! Plus, having a To-Do list keeps you motivated in wanting to completing your tasks.
- Lastly, but not least, never be your worst critique. Don’t ever compare yourself to others around you, others you see on social media, etc. This is the absolute worst and will bring you down from being motivated. It can make you feel you’re not as good as them, not as successful and so on. But that’s not true! We are all our own selves. We each have our own purpose in life. And there are no comparisons for that. No one is better then the other. We are all human beings, just different (at least that’s how I look at it and I hope you do too). We need to learn to be happy with ourselves. And once we are, that is the biggest motivation out there for ourselves.
And Remember the below quote to Self Motivate:
I hope you find these tips on how to self motivate helpful! And trust me, I struggle too with staying motivated daily. But we all have to work on ourselves and the more we do, the more of a habit it will become. Here’s to being us and being great! Here’s to Self Motivation!