If you have girl(s) like me, you know life with them can be a little hectic! Yes, I can vouch for more than it being hectic with boys! Trust me on that one if you don’t have girls yet LOL. Sometimes I feel like I have teenagers with the attitude and sassy-ness, but really, they’re only just 8 and 6! If they act like teens now, how are they going to be with they actually are teens?!? Oh, and don’t get me started on the fighting and arguing! Someone help me now!
Ok, so let’s get down to business. Having a girl/girls, they can be either girly, a tomboy or a mix of tomboy and girly (which I describe as myself, in between). My oldest seems to be a tomboy with girly touches and my youngest is more girly with a tomboy touch. So as much as they’re different, they do like the same things, or most things.
Below is a list of 5 must haves for girls to have in their closet if you have crazy one(s) like mine!
- Hair accessories. You need them. Whether you like it, they like it, or not. Whether you can do hair or not. Every girl needs at least a few hair accessories for “just in case”. One day my daughters will say they want a pony tail and the next day they want a fancy headband. So it’s always good to have some headbands and clips laying around! Not only that, imagine all of a sudden you need to go to a fancy outing or event with your daughter(s), that headband or clip can dress up anything simple outfit!
- A dress. Yes, you heard right. Even if your little one is more a tomboy, what little girl doesn’t like getting dressed up once in a while? And when I say dress, I don’t mean it needs to be fancy. It can if that’s your daughters personality, but it could be as simple as a little black dress, shirt dress or denim dress. My girls have a bit of everything and I must say, girls are so adorable in dresses we adult women wear!
- Sneakers. Every girl needs them! Now, these come in an array of different colors and styles! So every girly girl or tomboy has a style for them! For example, my youngest who is a girly girl with a hint of tomboy has Vans Sneakers high tops but in hot pink. They scream PRINCESS! And then they have the simple sneakers like Adidas (which I WANT my girls to get the classic ones, but they just don’t want them LOL). Plus, they’re so much better for your little ones feet and easier for them to play in. But having sneakers, you can never go wrong.
- Leggings. Come on, we as adults all wear leggings! It’s so adorable on little girls with their adorable tops, tunics or even a dress over top! And it’s perfect for those chillier days! Plus, nowadays, they have so many adorable prints or faux leather styles etc! ZARA has tons of those if you’re looking! They even have ones that look like work pants with a strip of color on the side. I even want them!
- A skirt. Now a tomboy may have issues with this (and even the dress part above), but it can be as simple as a denim skirt or as cute and fluffy as a tutu (which by the way, my youngest loves sleeping in those, don’t ask!). Most of my daughters skirts are from ZARA. Apparently I’m addicted, no? But they’re the only store that always carry them and in so many different styles like mini, midi, denim, tulle and more. Oh, and they don’t break the bank!
Where do I shop for my girls you may ask? First of all, ZARA. I love their style. Its clothing I would wear myself, but in mini sizing. I also love Abercrombie for little kids. More of a sporty feel to outfits. Target has a ton of adorable clothing options for girls and also at great prices. And lastly, Old Navy too. They have adorable tops and dresses!
So as you see above, those are the 5 Must Haves I believe every girl should have in her closet (besides for the usual undergarments LOL).
Below is a slideshow of some of my girls outfits ❤